Looking to get away from it all? From the hustle and bustle, the traffic, the noise? Longing to come to a tiny, friendly and beautiful island? Perhaps for your annual refill?
Our beautiful sixteen foot yurt is just a stone’s throw from idyllic Lawrence’s beach on St Martin’s.
It is situated in its own field and feels sheltered and secluded. You’ll barely see anyone walking by.
The yurt can accommodate up to 4 people, has a covered outdoor kitchen, compost toilet and solar as well as gas shower. Best of all, there is no electricity! So it’s perfect if you’re looking to truly get away from your normal busy days.
Hear the birds flying above you and watch the incredible stars at night. It’s the ultimate relaxing holiday in the most healthy of environment! Plus, you can have organic vegetables straight from our fields and all sorts of other lovely food from the shop, bakery, pub and cafes on the island.
Our yurt has a comfortable double bed plus two single mattresses that are stored underneath. All linen, towels etc. are provided. It comfortably accommodates two people, but two adults and two children also work. Inside the yurt you will also find a woodburner, chest of drawers, a sofa, and table with 4 chairs. There are fairy lights, two battery powered lamps and a solar mobile phone charger.
Outside you’ll find our covered kitchen with running water and a twin gas hob plus all the pots and pans, crockery, cutlery and utensils you will need to cook any meals.
In a separate little field, through a charming little opening through the hedge, you’ll find the shower and toilet units. The compost toilet is pretty simple and straight-forward with a little wash basin inside the cabin too. In a separate structure you’ll find our gas and also solar powered shower.
We really care about the environment here at Scilly Yurt, and here’s how:
- The farm has been producing certified organic fruit and veg for over 20 years.
- The yurt is hand crafted with English oak from the Cotswold
- The decking is Douglas Fir planking, FSC certified from Cornwall, and all other timber is always FSC certified as well
- We use environmental paints and oils throughout
- Your holiday will be very carbon friendly, using no electricity and just a little gas
- We will never spray any chemicals onto any of our land
- The fruit and veg and flowers you’ll get as a welcome hamper are all organic
- We cut the hedges in the winter when all chicks have left their nests
- All soaps, washing up liquids, cleaning sprays and washing powder are Ecover or similar
- The compost toilet provides us with fertiliser for trees
- Please note – we no longer accept dogs at the yurt
Prices vary from £450 to £750 per week, depending on the time of year. Change-over days are Mondays. Full week stay only.
- Change-over days are Mondays
- We only accept weekly bookings
- We do not run a waiting list
- We are not taking bookings for 2024 until the end of the 2023 holiday season
Make a booking enquiry
Please ensure that the week you’re enquiring about is actually available.